Electronic Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electronic Officer to join our team.
- Works closely with the Safety Officer in order to guarantee an excellent maintenance of firefighting and lifesaving equipment assigned to the ship;
- Supervises the maintenance of the electronic equipment in cooperation with the Staff Engineer;
- Checks, verifies and maintains all Security equipment on board to ensure continuity and reliability of operation;
- Daily inspects the ship’s fire system to ensure it is ready for service;
- Assists the Chief Electrician in case of emergency;
- Supervises and executes routine tests of the ship’s Public Address system to assure its reliability and performance as required by SOLAS;
- Maintains an approved inventory of materials on hand and on order;
- Maintains in full operating order the Bridge Navigational Instruments and SMS Panel System of the ship;
- Prepares requisitions for department stores and spare parts, submitting them to the Staff Engineer for approval.
- Extensive successful experience in a similar position within the cruise industry;
- Basic Windows knowledge;
- Meets the requirements of STCW regarding certification for this position;
- Holder of III/6 or III/7 IMO Certification;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard;
- Fluent in English, oral and written;
- Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Firefighting experience and Swimming & Rowing competence;
- High School Graduate with appropriate licenses as required by the Company;
- Meet the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements.