Legal Advisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Advisor to join our team.
- Ensuring internal databases are organised and up to date;
- Researching and reporting to colleagues in order to solve problems which include staying up to date with current regulation and legislation;
- Provide ad hoc legal and compliance advice.
- Able to work under pressure;
- Relevant experience in the Financial Services Industry will be an advantage;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Have completed a LLB or BProc qualification;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of how a legal practice operates and functions, including the legal and ethical duties expected of legal practitioners;
- Have a good and comprehensive knowledge of the magistrates’ and high court procedures;
- Minimum 5-7 years Labour Law litigation and Arbitration experience;
- Be computer literate and have working knowledge of MS Office programmes (including Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Minimum 5-7 years private practice or as in-house counsel experience;
- Have exposure to an insurance litigation environment;
- Be an admitted attorney, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years post admission experience gained as an attorney in an attorney’ private practice;
- Take responsibility for decisions made and must be able to work independently;
- Seasoned practitioner in litigation and conflict resolution;
- Have good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Have good analytical skills, attention to detail and be able to produce professional reports.