Tier 2 NOC Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tier 2 NOC Engineer to join our team.
- Mentor and train Tier 1 NOC Analysts;
- Work with service providers and vendors to drive issues to resolution;
- Investigate and complete reason for outage (RFO) reports on all network outages;
- Accept call overflows for the front-line NOC support team;
- Perform router and firewall activations for new and existing customers;
- Troubleshoot escalated issues with external customers and network/telecom providers;
- Perform test and troubleshooting of T1, E1, DS3, OC3, OC12 and high capacity Ethernet circuits;
- Carry out maintenance activities according to engineering MoPs (Measure of Performance).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively advise and counsel both managers and non-supervisory employees on sensitive work-related issues;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, vendors, distributors etc;
- Project good customers relation skills (face to face and telephone contact);
- Ability to organize and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.