The Logistics Coordinator I coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Being a Logistics Coordinator I typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. In addition, Logistics Coordinator I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Logistics Coordinator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team.
- Management and reporting of issues pertaining to equipment (freezers, ovens);
- Spearheads implementation of good housekeeping and management of requirements in compliance with various government-licensing bodies;
- Inventory management of Warehouse (Dry Goods) and Fresh & Frozen sections within the plant;
- Monitoring of production yield, quality, safety of products and working environments at all times (including work areas, freezer temperatures).
- Experience working in an international organisation;
- Strong excel skills;
- Must have experience in handling air and sea freight;
- Customer service experience involved in logistics;
- Willing to work on a night shift schedule;
- Hardworking, diligent, honest, have good interpersonal skills, and sound judgement;
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand;
- Experience within the fruit industry preferred;
- Full-Time position(s) available;
- Preferably 2-4 years experienced employee specialized in Marketing or equivalent;
- Excellent team player;
- Must be able to efficiently solve problems relating to the transportation of goods in locations;
- Has experience/knowledge in Vehicle Maintenance coordination;
- Willing to work on Holidays, Shifting and longer hours if needed;
- Ability to speak and understand the English language.