PLC Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PLC Technician to join our team.
- Modify existing programs to streamline processes;
- Training of technical personnel on PLC, VSD and servo systems;
- Performing other duties as required;
- Shop floor data analysis;
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming and commissioning;
- Configure other automation devices, such as VFDs for automation/control;
- Development of programmes to suit processes;
- Provide technical support in developing and improving processes;
- System monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Electro-mechanical Trade Test (e.g. Millwright) or equivalent;
- 10 or more years’ experience in PLC programming required;
- Experience in reading and modifying electrical control schematics;
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software including, but not limited to, Allen Bradley;
- Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and/or robot motion control;
- not limited to, Allen Bradley;
- Strong knowledge of FMCG manufacturing processes, bakery preferred;
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software including, but;
- Ability to work in a plant environment for extended periods of time (high temperature/high humidity environment);
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays.